‘The shrine board will now exclusively use the land during the pilgrimage period’
The resilient and tolerant Jammu region won the first phase of its battle for assertion late tonight after Government agreed to set aside 800 kanals of land exclusively for the Shri Amarnath Yatra Shrine Board to be used for raising facilities for the pilgrims three months every year. The two month long agitation, spearheaded by Shri Amarnath Yatra Sangharsh Samiti and supported by more than 70 other organizations is all set to be called off on Sunday afternoon after rally being organized by the Samiti.
Details of pact between Amarnath Samiti and govt panel
Following is the text read out by Governor’s adviser S S Bloeria and Shri Amarnath Sangarsh Samiti convener Leela Karan Sharma during a joint press conference soon after the forth round of talks concluded during the wee hours here.
1. The Shri Amarnathji Yatra, which has been going on for many centuries, is a shining symbol of communal harmony and brotherhood in Jammu & Kashmir and reflective of the state’s composite heritage. The yatris have been welcomed with open arms by the people of both Jammu and Kashmir divisions and all required facilities have been made available for them.
Sadly, certain decisions of the state government relating to the yatra created misunderstandings which led to controversy and agitation and loss of many precious lives. Apart from the damage to property, there has been a colossal loss to the state’s economy in different sectors like transport, trade, industry, horticulture and tourism.
2. The yatra to Shri Amarnathji Shrine has traditionally benefited a large number of local residents, many of whom have crucial dependence on this annual pilgrimage for their livelihood.
3. There has been no occasion in the past on which the state government has failed to provide the required support for the conduct of the Amarnathji Yatra. On the contrary, the extent and nature of governmental support to the yatra has been progressively enhancing, from year to year.
4. In view of the need to seek a peaceful resolution of the fundamental issues, to settle all existing doubts and clarify the continuing responsibility of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir had constituted, on 6 August, 2008, a four-member Committee comprising: Dr. S. S. Bloeria, Advisor to Governor Justice (Retd) Shri G. D. Sharma Prof. Amitabh Mattoo, Vice Chancellor, University of Jammu Shri B. B. Vyas, Principal Secretary to Governor and Chief Executive Officer, Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board.
5. The Committee held three rounds of discussions with the four-member Committee nominated by the Shri Amarnathji Yatra Sangharsh Samiti (SAYSS) which comprised:-
Shri Tilak Raj Sharma Brif (Retd) Suchet Singh Prof. Narinder Singh Shri Pawan Kohli
6. The Governor has also held discussions with the leaders of political, social, religious, academic and other organizations in the Kashmir Valley. The predominant view, emerging out of the consultations, is that the Amarnathji Yatra, which is a centuries old tradition of J&K’s rich composite heritage, will continue to be welcomed and supported by the people of Kashmir, in every possible way.
It was also felt that while the Shrine Board could continue to use the land, as in the past, for yatra purposes, nothing should be done to alienate or transfer the land. While an assuring convergence of views has emerged, the Governor is committed to continuing the consultative process to ensure against any remaining misunderstanding whatsoever on an issue which has earlier led to serious misperceptions and human and economic loss.
Based on detailed discussions and deliberations held in the recent weeks, the following framework of action for resolving the issue relating to the use of land for the period of yatra by the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board, at Baltal and Domail, has been agreed to:-
A. The State Government shall set aside for the use by Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board, exclusively, the land in Baltal and Domail (Compartment No. 63/S, Sindh Forest Division) comprising an area of 800 kanals, traditionally under use for the annual yatra purposes.
B. The proprietary status/ownership/title of the land shall not undergo any change.
C. The Board shall use the aforesaid land for the duration of the yatra (including the period of making the required arrangements and winding up of the same) for the purpose of user by various service providers according to its needs and priorities.
The aforesaid land shall be used according to the Board’s requirements, from time to time, including for the following:-
i) Raising of temporary pre-fabricated accommodation and toilet facilities by the Board;
ii) Establishment of tented accommodation by private camping agencies (locals, permanent residents of the state);
iii) Setting up of the shops by shopkeepers (locals, permanent residents of the state);
iv) Facilities for Pony Wallas and Pithu Wallas;
v) Provision of healthcare and medical facilities;
vi) Setting up of free Langars by private persons and groups which are licensed by the Board;
vii) Facilities for helicopter operations/ parking of vehicles;
viii) Arrangements of security by local police/para-military forces and other security agencies as per the arrangements in place here-to-fore; and
ix) Undertaking measures relating to soil conservation, land protection and preservation of ecology.
The authorities have imposed curfew in Jammu as terrorists have again been sighted in Chinore Area of Jammu . A proposed “Victory Rally” of Shri Amarnath Sangarsh Samiti too seemed to be under threat of terrorists.
And finally i wanted to give a final one to likes of Sajjad Lone , Mehbooba Mufti , Syed Ali Shah Geelani , Bilal Lone , Yasin Malik, Javed Nalka ( Mir ) , etc …..all these who were opposing the facilities to Amarnath pilgrims and who got the Govt to reverse its earlier decision to reverse the land transfer. These fanatics thought that they can always dominate the hindus and other secular peace loving people of Jammu & Kashmir state for ever. They never imagined that the strike would finally be successful after 62 days. This picture below is for each one of them individually.And all these times they used to taunt us with words like ” if you have the guts…take an inch of land” ………. they stand defeated.
- Victory Over Intolerance
- History Of Amarnath Pilgrimage
- Omar Abdullahs Speech in Parliament
- Amarnath Land Transfer – Nothing Wrong With It
- Amarnath Land – A Fight For Justice
- Emergency In Jammu !
- Truth behind Holy Amarnath
- Shot in the head
- A Battle for Nationalism
- Myths about Jammu Agitation
- Amarnath Land- Protests in USA